Hallmark will showcase its latest ways of celebrating pop culture in two locations during Comic-Con International this week in San Diego.
For its ninth year, Hallmark will greet fans at the largest comic book and popular arts convention in the world, scheduled July 21-24 at the San Diego Convention Center. For the first time this year, Hallmark debuts its new pop culture pop-up shop, PopMinded, which will display and sell products on the convention hall floor and at Nerd HQ, a fan gathering sponsored by The Nerd Machine during Comic-Con.
PopMinded by Hallmark will provides attendees access to event-exclusive Hallmark Keepsake Ornaments, a pair of itty bittys® plush collectibles and the first in a new line of vinyl collectibles called Squeelys®. Other perks include pin giveaways and sneak peeks of future Hallmark products.
From their booth inside the Star Wars Pavilion, located at 2913-K on the floor of the convention hall, PopMinded by Hallmark will continue to provide attendees access to their ever popular event exclusives in limited quantities:
- Beginnings: Boba FettTM – Inspired by the work of renowned conceptual designer Ralph McQuarrie, this Keepsake Ornament two-pack features the fan-favorite bounty hunter who first appeared in Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back. One ornament details Boba Fett’s helmet as originally sketched while the other depicts an all-white full-costume concept ($35 per set).
- Princess LeiaTM and Jabba the HuttTM – This exclusive itty bittys plush two-pack features the slug-like crime lord and his bikini-clad prisoner as seen in Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi ($20 per set).
- U.S.S. EnterpriseTM – Featuring dialogue and music directly from the original “Star Trek” TV Series, this Keepsake Ornament depicts the iconic starship as originally built and painted for special-effects filming. This is a repaint of a 2016 Keepsake Ornament celebrating Star Trek’s 50th anniversary ($30 each).
- BatmanTM in Battle – This Keepsake Ornament created exclusively for event sales depicts the Caped Crusader’s armored uniform as seen in this year’s feature film Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice ($25 each).
- Classic TV Series BatmanTM Squeelys® – Convention-goers will get a first look at Squeelys, a new Hallmark-exclusive vinyl collectible line inspired by classic customized cars. While the full line of Squeelys will debut in Hallmark Gold Crown® stores and on Hallmark.com in August, an event-exclusive Batman and Batmobile will be available at the comics conventions ($25 each).
Each of these event-exclusive products also will be available to attendees at New York Comic Con, set for October 6-9 in New York City.
Other highlights of the week at the pavilion location include character visits, daily button giveaways featuring 2016 Star Wars Keepsake Ornaments, and sneak peeks of select products to be released in late 2016 and early 2017.
Fans with or without Comic-Con badges may visit PopMinded inside Nerd HQ, located in The New Children’s Museum, across from the convention center at 200 W. Island Ave. to check out other products on display and for purchase, including the latest Hallmark Keepsake Ornaments, itty bittys® and gifts. The Batman Squeely exclusive will also be available for purchase and attendees can pick up free, exclusives buttons featuring some of their favorite pop culture characters in itty bittys® form.
For more information about PopMinded by Hallmark and the products offered, visit Hallmark.com/PopMinded.
BATMAN and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © DC Comics.
TM & © 2016 CBS Studios Inc. STAR TREK and related marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.
STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. © & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.