Iceberg Interactive announced today the release of a big update for the advanced alpha version of Starpoint Gemini 2. From local security ships checking for contraband, to the addition of a Skill and Perk respect panel, and new on-ship changing boarding mechanics, this significant update injects new layers of energy, depth, and variation to Little Green Men Games’ open-world 3D space simulation.
Starpoint Gemini 2 Advanced Alpha Update Features:
- Graphic and gameplay anomalies redesigned and updated
- Local security ships now check passing ships for illegal goods including the player, and will demand that the ship jettisons the cargo if contraband is found
- Skill & Perk respect panel has been added to stations, so players can test out different skill setups. Skill & Perk points can be reset for a price
- Boarding mechanics have been updated with various random micro-events that can fire off, to change the course of on-ship battles
- Ships “drop” derelicts more frequently when exploding and all ships now have proper derelict models
In addition to the alpha update, Little Green Men Games has launched a user-generated Hero Contest, where players create their own character that they would like to see implemented into the game. The character with the most community votes will win. The contest begins today and will run for two weeks, ending on Friday, March 14. Check out the contest and enter your very own hero here: www.starpointgemini.com/contests/hero/votingPage/index.php
Starpoint Gemini 2 is an open-world 3D space simulation game that provides powerful RPG mechanics with the frenzy of space combat and will feature full implementation of Oculus Rift at launch. Starpoint Gemini 2 is currently in Alpha on Steam’s Early Access program and is available for $22.99,
store.steampowered.com/app/236150/. Starpoint Gemini 2 is slated for full release on Steam this spring.